DID YOU KNOW?
- Only 10 percent of products on the U.S. market are considered safe and 10,000 commonly known chemicals are still found in 80 percent of skincare brands. Of 1,300 ingredients banned by EU (European Directive for Safe Cosmetics), only 11 are banned in the U.S.
- There have been no new regulations for safe cosmetics since 1938. Cosmetic products feature many of the more than 80,000 chemicals on the market that do not have safety data information.
- In addition to the 1,300 ingredients banned by the EU, Gavée Gold also prohibits another 150 ingredients that we consider unsafe, resulting in over 1,450 toxic chemicals that are not allowed in our products.
- Gavée Gold is extremely dedicated to staying ahead of the curve and has hired a nationally respected toxicologist to review all ingredients that go into the skincare line.
VITAL SKINCARE FACTS
According to the Global Industry Analysts (GIA) report, the anti-aging market was expected to reach $292 billion in 2015. The fastest growing products in the world are those that contain natural and organic ingredients. U.S. sales were expected to reach $6.7 billion in 2015. Also according to GIA, 76 percent of the respondents to a recent survey were more interested in products with natural and organic ingredients.
- In a recent Nielsen survey, retailers reported natural and organic products are experiencing an annual sales growth of 24% compared to a 2.7% growth for the entire beauty category. In the same report, 46% of the survey respondents said they are willing to pay a premium for products with natural ingredients vs. synthetics.
- Nielsen also stated that 53 percent of consumers prefer products containing natural ingredients.
- According to GIA, 76 percent of respondents to an anti-aging survey are interested in products with safe natural/organic ingredients that are also high performing.
- Nielsen survey claimed 57 percent of consumers are most interested in animal welfare (products not tested on animals and cruelty-free).
- According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), 90 percent of the 10,000 chemicals commonly found in personal care products have no safety data.
- The European Union has spent the last 20 years banning or restricting more than 1300 ingredients, while to date the U.S. has banned less than 25.
Global Industry Analysts (GIA), Inc. August 2013 and March 2015
Nielsen Report, March 2015
Environmental Working Group (EWG)